Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Quotes by Albert Camus

“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.”
-Albert Camus

“Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without asking a clear question.”
-Albert Camus

“Do not wait for the last judgment. It takes place every day.”
-Albert Camus

“Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend.”
-Albert Camus

“I shall tell you a great secret, my friend. Do not wait for the last judgment, it takes place every day.”
-Albert Camus

“If there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life.”
-Albert Camus

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
-Albert Camus

“Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.”
-Albert Camus

“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.”
-Albert Camus

“Too many have dispensed with generosity in order to practice charity.”
-Albert Camus

“We only know of one duty, and that is to love.”
-Albert Camus

“We rarely confide in those who are better than we are.”
-Albert Camus

“You cannot acquire experience by making experiments. You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.”
-Albert Camus

“Love is the kind of illness that does not spare the inteligent or the dull.”
-Albert Camus, Caligula

“But in the end one needs more courage to live than to kill himself.”
-Albert Camus, Happy Death

“What is a rebel? A man who says no.”
-Albert Camus, L'Homme revolte (The Rebel), 1951

“You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question.”
-Albert Camus, La Chute (The Fall),1956

“He who despairs over an event is a coward, but he who holds hope for the human condition is a fool.” -Albert Camus, The Rebel (1951)

No comments: